Colourstrings Music Kindergarten Phase 2 Teacher Training Course
Tutor: Naheed Cruickshank
24th, 25th & 26th April, Kingston, London, UK – Part 1 of 2
Colourstrings is an internationally recognised approach to music education which was developed in the 1970s by the Hungarian brothers Géza and Csaba Szilvay, who are well known to string players and educators the world over. The Colourstrings approach to music teaching is based on Kodály principles and represents the finest opportunity for young children to be taught musicianship skills in the early years.
The Colourstrings Music Kindergarten Phase 2 course is an advanced course of study leading to the Certificate of Colourstrings Music Kindergarten Teaching (Phase 2). It is suitable for people who have already completed the Certificate of Colourstrings Music Kindergarten Teacher Training (Phase 1). If you would like to clarify your eligibility, please contact The course will be taught of 2 long weekends. 24th – 26th April will constitute the first part of the course and the 2nd part will be in early June – dates TBC.
The Phase 2 course aims to equip teachers with the knowledge and skills to teach 5-7 year olds within a Colourstrings setting.
Course content will include:
- A detailed look at the Rhythm Rascals repertoire
- Repertoire for 5-7 year olds
- Movement, dance and percussion
- Furthering rhythm and pitch notation
- Developing musicianship in the music kindergarten
- Child Psychology and Development
- Reflective practice
- Shared learning opportunities with fellow Colourstrings teachers
- Musicianship training and assessment